
Justin and I visited Kansas City for the National Down Syndrome Congress Conference in August..a bit crazy considering school started the following week. Mama and Papa watched Kate and Andy while Justin and I drove (yes, drove) to Kansas City with Lily Jane. We were a bit nervous as we pulled in late at night to the location of the historic bed and breakfast and saw pawn shops and easy cash stores with bars on the windows. Sadly, the historic district was run-down, but the bed and breakfast was absolutely breathtaking (detailed woodwork, huge stained glass window, and winding staircase) and run by a sweet couple. Sad to see the general trend of the neighborhood, but downtown Kansas City was wonderful...very 40's decadent. We also took the time to visit the Nelson-Atkins Museum to see the giant shuttlecocks and Monets...all for free.
It was interesting to attend a conference with Lily Jane instead of Andy when most other parents bring their child with Down syndrome. It was my first time having people look at my child and wonder why she didn't have Down syndrome. It was actually kind of cool to have a complete paradigm shift. Perspective is everything.
3 comments:
I gotta plug my iPhone that took that picture. It's the best camera on a phone that I've ever owned.
I'm proud of you for being so vigilant and involved in the Down Syndrome awareness and world--what a great mom you are and Andy is so lucky to have you. It's good to see a picture of you and your beautiful kids! How old is Jane? She looks about the same age as my 8 month old boy--Kyle. Take care and keep in touch. --Sara
my blog is: www.saracolorado.blogspot.com
Good thing you hurried and bought an iphone. I was worried you might have splurged and overpaid oh...$200. heehee
Post a Comment