Friday, April 11, 2008

Confessions

My dad called me at 7:00am this morning frantically warning me that the plastics I have been using with my children for the past eight years is potentially lethal. That's right, the trendy bottles I've used for all of my children and those adorable dishes from IKEA are apparently repositories for deadly toxins. Certainly, I don't disagree, but, as a cynic, I think most things in our modern society are probably pretty bad. Still, I follow all of the rigid APA guidelines as a responsible parent.

Can I confess that I was secretly relieved? My sink was filled with dirty dishes, and as a responsible parent, I was forced to throw nearly half of the dirty dishes in the garbage without even washing them. And it didn't stop there. I was forced to get rid of all the fast food cups toppling out of the cupboard and clear the bottle space out of an entire drawer. Yes, that also means I finally forced myself to eliminate bottles altogether for Lily. Maybe next week we'll find out that cotton is a deadly threat and I won't have to do laundry.

2 comments:

Justin said...

It should be noted that this particular warning has been in place for a number of years and was escalated to crisis priority sometime around 6:45am EST.

Anonymous said...

it should also be noted that it is a scientific fact that although no plastics were used between the years 1800 and 1900, everyone born during those years has died.