Much to Justin's chagrin I unloaded the contents of the garage, put price tags on the junk, and joined the community yard sale today. We live in the South, why not?
$100 Net Profit (Including $30 in change I added myself)
-$30 in change seized by Andy
+$9 found on Andy's bed 2 hours later
-7 in Tagalongs and Trefoils sold by the neighbor girl
-2.50 in VHS tapes and the Hi-Ho Cheerio game from the other neighbor's house
+10 found in the pocket of Andy's swim trunks at bedtime
=$70
So, I basically made $60 for about 6 hours of work (as Justin likes to remind me). But, I also cleaned out my garage, chatted with my neighbors, treated my children to a donut breakfast like my dad used to do on Saturday mornings, and saw the most beautiful flurry of maple "wings" blow across my neighbor's yard. All in all, a very productive day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pretty good! I really want to have a yard sale too. From my experience the yard sales are multi-family. We picked up a nice edger today at one!
I stumbled on your blog. It is so great to see how your family has grown!!
Post a Comment